Many years ago, a wise man told his young IT colleague: “Peter, the success of IT relies on three pillars: people, processes and technology.” 🙂
Working with our clients I can see the truth of this wisdom more and more – and not only for IT companies! Virtually any company should consider these three factors for their success.
- Motivated and competent workforce brings the mission of a company to life with their everyday work. They are also the ones who notice the need to change and can even initiate the change. However, this proactive attitude does not come automatically.
- Having well defined, predictable business processes also come as a result of purposeful effort. These processes make it possible for enterprise to deliver the expected business value – and to generate revenue in a predictable, sustainable way. They need to be defined, communicated and then followed. Once they are in place they enable the leaders to focus on strategic leadership, not only being consumed by everyday work.
- The third element is technology: nowadays companies simply cannot ignore the impact of IT technology on their business. It quickly becomes crucial to apply the new technological innovations to the company’s advantage. The impact can be profound to our everyday effectiveness or can even challenge us to revise our whole business model.
This article resonates with these thoughts: preparing your company to a digital (or technological) change is not only a technological question. It comes with many great tasks to do:
- Establish or reinforce the openness of your workforce to changes and/or to new technology.
- Improve their skills on understanding your business, your business processes and technology.
- Create an adequate strategy to drive the change.
The mission of onTarget – unleash your potential – is tightly related to these tasks and we have proven successes with many clients in all three areas.
Get in touch with us by filling out this form.